Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Made: Crochet Donut

Out of all the things I've made so far, my husband is most impressed with the crochet donut. It does look pretty much like a real donut, doesn't it?
I followed the pattern on The Adventures of the Gingerbread Lady blog (thanks for sharing!) The pattern is accompanied by a photo tutorial, which is quite helpful if you're new to amigurumi or crochet. This was my first amigurumi that didn't begin with a magic ring so I learned a different technique to start my amigurumi.
Instead of using pins or beads, I embroidered different coloured sprinkles on my donut.  There are all sorts of ways to ice your donut. Fabric paint, for example, can make for some pretty convincing icing.  Have fun decorating yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment.